PSO2 OFFICIAL RELEASE!! Now with ENGLISH PATCH!! (Players' guide inside)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: PSO2 OFFICIAL RELEASE!! Now with ENGLISH PATCH!! (Players' guide inside)  (Read 46445 times)

G.A.M.E.R-X

• Eat The Muffin
    • View Profile

Continued discussion from: http://vinesaucevidya.com/vinetalk/index.php?topic=1826

Theres alot of info in the other topic, but its all over the place among alot of pages. So to help people just starting and make it easy so you dont have to go sifting through the other topic to find it all, heres everything you could possibly need to play the game with ease. This includes guides to every main quest and client quest, and guides to all the menus and features. With these guides the language barrier becomes non existent and its then very easy to do all the quests

Bookmark this topic or the links themselves, for quick and easy tabbing back and forth to reference the guides. Do note that gameguard seems to not like certain programs opening after the game has been fully loaded and will stop them, so make sure firefox or whatever is already running before starting the game if you want to have the guides open to tab to when needed.

Creating an account for the game - http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-registration-guide/
NOTE: The ship you choose when logging in the first time to make a character, is the ship that character is stuck on. You only get one character for the beta. In the full release you will get one free character, and can pay to have additional characters. Vinesauce is on SHIP 4, Block 30.We already have a Guild set up, ask around once you're in the game and have met up with some vinebros and they can add you to it. There is also alot of players from /vg/ also on Block 30 of SHIP 4. You can freely switch between blocks of a ship once ingame, so dont worry about blocks, theyre basically lobbies. Though do note that each blocks games are specific to that block, you wont see block 20s games showing up in another blocks list at the game counter. Also, if you plan on playing on Ship 4 with the Vinesauce guild, please post your in game ID (not the login one, the one it asks you to create after logging in the first time) and your character name in this topic , so one of us can find you on player search and friend you so we can find each other and add you to the guild.

Downloading the client - http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-site-and-download-begins/

ENGLISH PATCH

If you plan to use this patch, You must read the following and abide by these instructions in using it:

Warning:
This is still technically against the games ToS. While it's very unlikely you'll get banned for using it, it's still possible.
Using the <target>, <class>, <pa>, <technic>, or <area> macros will broadcast the translated message. Do not use these macros, as JP players may notice and report you, mistaking you for hacking or something.The patch is 100% client side so as long as you don't use the above listed macros drawing attention to yourself, they have no way of knowing you are using it. They probably wouldn't ban anyone for using it anyway, but just play it safe just in case.

Site for future updates of the patch (for when new content gets added): http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206

Link to the English Patch: dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/icev4/final_translation/patch_aug_1.rar

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Download file, extract to your game's data\win32 directory.
By default, this will be:
32-bit: C:\Program Files\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32
64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32

Starter guide - http://bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-beta-starter-guide-for-phantasy-star-online-2/
This guide covers all the basics. Menus, controls, the works.
NOTE:Do check out the 'Visiphone' option of this guide. The Visiphone gives you access to a 'player shop' where other players have put up for sale various "My Room" items, weapons, armor units, and technic/spell disks. See the attached further down in this post if you do not plan to use the english patch, to help navigate the Visiphone.

Options Guide - http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-options-guide/

Basics [Buying, Selling, Equipping, Grinding Weapons and Armors to make them stronger]- http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-basics-buying-selling-equipping-grinding/

How to get a Mag, How to complete the Matter Board,and Koffees Important Client Orders (To open new areas, and Expand your Weapon Palette from 3 slots to 6) - http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/

Client Orders - http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-open-beta-client-orders/
Client orders give alot of EXP and sometimes meseta (the in game equivalent of gold). They also unlock things at times and in the case of certain clients, unlock them as usable NPCs so you can solo with a team of just yourself and 3 AI. Which is useful in unlocking new areas as the quests to unlock next areas are timed missions and a team of 4 humans will always get 2 or more of a boss plus minion spawns when they go to the boss room, which makes it hard to complete under the time limit. Easiest way to use this guide is to have it open and tab over back and forth to match up the text so you know which quests you currently have. (Or you can use the english patch, and make your life a little easier. Also note you do have to do the matter board to unlock certain clients and their orders)

PSO2 Skill Tree Simulator - http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/index.html
HU is for hunter, RA is for ranger, FO is for force. Click on the class you picked and you will be presented with a simulator of the skill tree point menu from the game. It has been fixed now, as long as noscript is allowing the site the skill descriptions will now show up in firefox. MAKE SURE you use this simulator first before doing it for real, so you dont waste points on something you didnt want. You only get one skill point per level, and once its spent thats it. You can however reset your skill tree for a small fee in the full release. But for now be careful where you put your points.Note that the number above each skill is how many points you must put into the previous skill in the tree in order to access/unlock it. I don't know forces that well but here's some very good things to go for, for hunters and rangers that will make battles VERY easy (and also some example skill tree builds):

HUNTER
HP Up 1,2 & 3 - Hunters are designed for melee primarily, so you'll need lots of HP to withstand the attacks you'll be taking in close range of the enemy
S-ATK Up 1&2 - Raises your S-ATK stat, which factors into normal and PA(Photon Art) attacks strengths
Sword, Partisan, and Wired lance Gears - The Gear skills allow you to charge up 3 level stocks in various ways depending on which weapon gear it is, for different effects. The Sword Gear charges doing attacks, but the Gauge will keep decreasing unless you keep attacking. A level 3 Sword Gear gauge will allow you to perform the swords 2 charged PAs without having to wait to charge them, and it will also increase the damage of the Sonic Arrow PA (looks like a sonic boom disc) and makes each sonic arrow hit 3 times. The Wired Lance Gear charges also by attacking enemies, and you keep each stock you gather until you execute a PA move. The Wired lance gears accumulated stocks increase PA damage when used. The Partisan Gear is charged by letting the attack animation finish on its own, or holding the guard button to spin the partisan. The Partisan gears stocks greatly expand the AOE of the partisans attacks, making it an even better crowd control tool than it already was.

Hunter 'Glass Cannon' Build- http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebIoqnGXbB4QIbf
Hunter 'High Defense' Build- http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebGOqoqDIb4XIbf
Hunter 'Middle of the Road' Build- http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/hunter.html?01HU!IOI2ebtOtOqGIbtGIbf

RANGER
Weak Bullet - Fires a bullet that weakens an enemy or boss the more points you put into it. If you use first person to aim and land the weak bullet on a bosses WEAK POINT, then its time for the rape train to commence
Weak Hit Advance 1&2 - These are like weak bullet, but not as good as they only affect your damage against an enemys weak spot, and only for yourself, not the entire party. Good for when you're soloing.
Standing Snipe - The more points you put into this skill, the more damage you do while in a stationary position.

Ranger 'I'm OP as fuck and only need one skill tree example since all my good shits in one cluster of the tree' build- http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/ranger.html?01RA!IOI2dBJdsS8

FORCE - Right now as far as most people are concerned, the fire branch of the skill tree is the only one worth a damn. Freeze ignition is pretty much useless as is photon flare. Here's a decent example tree of a 'safe' investment for forces:  http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/force.html?01FO!IOI2AoIkdxhnIk6

WIKI FOR ALL KNOWN WEAPON ABILTIES,CLASSES,AND GRIND VALUES (MUST HAVE) - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1UtbUE&gid=0

Google Translated Japanese Wiki - http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php%3FFrontPage&usg=ALkJrhgDn0kpoJd9sEigs1Qh22O_4gHqkQ

Has some very useful info, like if you go to the side bar under Equipment Items>Other>Drink Menu, you can see the exact affects of each of the drinks (not only do they raise defense/attack/pp/hp depending on the drink, but some also raise drop rates, rare drops, unidentified drops etc)

Mega (Zodiac ingame) added a link with all the currently known 'FUN scratch' ticket items, here they are if you don't feel like going to the link. Thanks Mega!

オールバック  All-back (hairstyle ticket)
    メイドカチューシャ  Maid Headband (additional accessory)
    ナースキャップ  Nurse Cap (additional accessory)
    グッジョブカウンター  Good Job Counter (Room decoration)
    ナベリウスパパガイ  Navelius Papagai (Room decoration)
    ショップカウンター  Shop Counter (Room decoration)
    エレガントバスタブ  Elegant Bathtub (Room decoration)
    トリック・ダーツ  Trick Darts (Room decoration)
    クラシッククッション  Classic Cushion (Room decoration)
    クラシックキャビネット  Classic Cabinet (Room decoration)
    クラシックナイトスタンド  Classic Nightstand (Room decoration)
    ウエディングケーキ  Wedding Cake (Room decoration)
    クラシックベッド  Classic Bed (Room decoration)
    クラシック・ダンロ  Classic Stove (Room decoration)
    ジュークボックス  Jukebox (Room decoration)
    クラシックシェルフ  Classic Shelf (Room decoration)
    ウェポンホログラム  Weapon Hologram (Room decoration)
    クラシックテーブル  Classic Table (Room decoration)
    クラシックソファ  Classic Sofa (Room decoration)
    クラシックローテーブル  Classic Low Table (Room decoration)
    クラシックチェア  Classic Chair (Room decoration)
    オリ・オリ  Ori Ori (Room decoration)
    クラシックマット  Classic Mat (Room decoration)
    ウェルカムマット  Welcome Mat (Room decoration)
    PSO2 Main Theme (Music disk)
    The Whole New World (Music disk)
    Can Still See the Light (Music disk)
    Day Dawns (Music disk)
    World With Me (Music disk)
    クラシック・テーマ  Classic Theme (Room redecoration ticket)
    シーナリーパス・森林  Scenery Pass: Forest (Scenery change ticket)
    リモデルームS  Roomodel S (Remodel or additional room ticket)
    リモデルームL  Roomodel L (Remodel or additional room ticket)
    マイルーム利用3日  My Room 3 Day Pass (Temporary use of My Room)
    マイショップ出店3日  My Shop 3 Day Pass (Temporary use of My Shop)
    獲得経験値+50%  Exp +50% (Boost ticket)
    獲得メセタ+10%  Meseta +10% (Boost ticket)
    獲得メセタ+50%  Meseta +50% (Boost ticket)
    強化リスク滅少(-1)  Grinding Risk -1 (Grinds lost on failure decreased by 1)
    強化成功率+5%  Grinding Success Boost +5%
    能力追加成功率+5%  Add Ability Success Boost +5%
    グラインダー  Grinder
    シンセサイザー  Synthesizer
    支援デバイス/HP回復A  Mag Support Device / HP Restoration A (Adds ability to mag)
    支援デバイス/状態異常A  Mag Support Device / Status Abnormality A (Adds ability to mag)
    支援デバイス/能力上昇G  Mag Support Device / Stat Boost G (Adds ability to mag)
    生産デバイス/HP回復系  Mag Creation Device / HP Restoration Items (Adds passive ability to create restorative items to mag)
    追加ロビーアクション02  Additional Lobby Action 2 (adds new lobby action)
    追加ロビーアクション04  Additional Lobby Action 4 (adds new lobby action)
    追加ロビーアクション16  Additional Lobby Action 16 (adds new lobby action)
    追加ロビーアクション01  Additional Lobby Action 1 (adds new lobby action)

Heres a visual guide to the Visiphone, so you can find any specific kind of item on the player shop:

Customizing your speech bubbles and Text - Heres an image that shows the different ways you can emphasize emotions in your speech, to give a more direct idea of your tone. Good for autowords or hotkeyed saved phrases on F keys, if you're handy with memorization they're handy in normal typing as well I guess

Text Colors
Red {red}
Beige {bei}
Green {gre}
Violet {vio}
Black{blk}
Orange {ora}
Yellow {yel}
Blue {blu}
Purple {pur}
Gray {gra}
White {whi}
Default {def}

To use these, place the modifier in front of the text you want to color, and it will color everything until the next color modifier.

For example.
{yel}This is a {pur}purple {red}word. But now it is red.

Variables
Alot of these really have no legitimate usefulness to your team if used, but its still cool that they included so goddamn many ways to relay information of all kinds easily

(Edit: removed all macros which when used with the translation patch, display what the game would normally display in japanese, in english. Those macros for area names, enemy names, and item and weapon names in speech bubbles should NOT be used from here on if you use the english patch to avoid bringing attention to yourself)

<pos>: Current position (This gives your Sector location, ie E-4 etc)

So if you want to tell your multiparty where an event is, you can use the <pos> in an Event Start autoword or a Shortcut Word (the ones you can set to F keys) for easy access. Example: (One of my own shortcuts)

/toge /mn36 VOL DRAGON CODE DUEL AT {red}<pos>!!!   if you are in say sector D-5, will show up in game as

VOL DRAGON CODE DUEL AT D-5!!,

And will have the 'Critical Impact Sound' and be encased in the emoticon box numbered 36 in the above image. Works great even in multiparty areas where everyone else is Japanese. My current settings on my F-keys for these are as follows:

F-1 /toge /mn36 ROCKBEAR CODE DUEL AT {red}<pos>!!!
F-2 /toge /mn36 RAGNE CODE DUEL AT {red}<pos>!!!
F-3 /toge /mn36 VOL DRAGON CODE DUEL AT {red}<pos>!!!
F-4 /toge /mn36 GWANADA CODE DUEL AT {red}<pos>!!!
F-5 /toge /mn36 SNOW BANTHER CODE DUEL AT {red}<pos>!!!
F-6 /toge /mn36 EMERGENCY CODE: DESTRUCTION AT {red}<pos>!!!

(I still need to make one for Catadran and shuffle these so its inbetween Ragne and Vol Dragon, I never bump into Catadran on the field so I havent had any reason to yet.Probably one for Code Protect for the pilots in the city mission since thats a big code for getting bursts to grow faster. Its easiest to remember which key is which by arranging them in the order they normally show up in the game, a different order might work better for you though. That all comes down to personal taste)

I'll update this first post with anything else that's useful as time goes on

HAVE FUN IN PSO 2!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:19:03 am by G.A.M.E.R-X »
Guardian Gamer X

Boss Epoch

• Captain Knots
  • Boopin' boop
    • View Profile
Re: PSO2 Open Beta Official Guide and Info Topic (condensed)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 06:23:48 am »

Thanks for this, I had no idea you could double your weapon slots, so I'm gonna get to work on that right now.

(Also figured this is relevant)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:28:00 am by Boss Epoch »
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BossEpoch/
Tumblr: http://bossepoch.tumblr.com/
Nintendo Network: BossEpoch

Kirby

• Saucy
    • View Profile
Re: PSO2 Open Beta Official Guide and Info Topic (condensed)
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 11:04:50 am »

>Gear skills allow you to use said weapon class if you switch classes to a ranger or force.

SWITCHING TO HUNTER RIGHT THE FUCK NOW. Gunblades are kinda nifty, but they're a bit weak :c
I'm still immensely confused about weapon slots though.

Zanzzer

• Captain Knots
    • View Profile
Re: PSO2 Open Beta (Players' guide inside)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 03:03:04 pm »

I think I'll go ranger..WHEN THE DAMN THING IS DONE UPDATING!

Kirby

• Saucy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 03:45:51 pm »

RA is YES_FUN_ALLOWED!.jpg. That said I still have to try out FO. Besides that I'm wondering if passives in the skill trees carry over between classes. I bumped up HU a couple of levels and put the points into the HP-up skill (necessary to continue along the tree) and I could almost swear it raised my HP when I went back to RA. I could be just being delusional. I'll be sure to take the time to confirm this properly the next time I get a skillpoint as HU. If it works like that then everyone has a pretty good reason to gain a few levels as each class.
Also >solo the last Caves mission

>EMERGENCY CODE: COLLECT

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Holyhunter94

• Vinesausage Supreme
  • HORSIE RIDE ONII-CHAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 07:09:39 pm »

i havent seen anyone play in awhile

Brotagonist

• Meister
  • Stair Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 07:36:44 pm »

Best game.

Also, is Weak Shot even worth putting points into after unlocking it? Putting 9 more SP into it would just bring the CD down to a minute.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:46:53 pm by Brotagonist »

Zanzzer

• Captain Knots
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 07:57:28 pm »

I login for the first time today and ffs is this confusing..I have NO CLUE what I should do at this point. I''ve completed the chapter 00 and I'm in ship 4/20 but I dont know who to speak to or where I should go..

ProfZombie

• Eat The Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 08:32:28 pm »

I need to start playing PSO2 more. I've been distracted by other things so I've only played to level 5 so far. My Skype name is profzombie and my character is Zommie. I'm Newman Force. Just add me if you'd like to play I guess.

Kirby

• Saucy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 09:16:39 pm »

Best game.

You FUCKER. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT TECH. I HAVE EVERY OTHER TECH. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. THAT DISC JUST FUCKING REFUSES TO DROP FOR ME.

year199X

• Meister
  • What kind of man builds a machine to kill a girl?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 10:26:47 pm »

You FUCKER. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT TECH. I HAVE EVERY OTHER TECH. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. THAT DISC JUST FUCKING REFUSES TO DROP FOR ME.

LOOK AT ME LOOK WHAT I CAN DO

Metasight

• Captain Knots
  • chat drawfag
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 10:55:36 pm »

LOOK AT ME LOOK WHAT I CAN DO

Wow wow wow gurl, calm your tits that's not how you're supposed to use a gun!

G.A.M.E.R-X

• Eat The Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 05:53:26 am »

RA is YES_FUN_ALLOWED!.jpg. That said I still have to try out FO. Besides that I'm wondering if passives in the skill trees carry over between classes. I bumped up HU a couple of levels and put the points into the HP-up skill (necessary to continue along the tree) and I could almost swear it raised my HP when I went back to RA. I could be just being delusional. I'll be sure to take the time to confirm this properly the next time I get a skillpoint as HU. If it works like that then everyone has a pretty good reason to gain a few levels as each class.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah I'd already have Desert Unlocked if it werent for all the derpy as fuck "EMERGENCY CODE: LETS WASTE ALL YOUR TIME" things that pop up. I swear to god, I never got more emergency codes in Cave OR Forest than during the timed 'unlock the next area' quests. The game seems to enjoy trolling in that regard.

I like the look of Caves and the music and enemy variety, but I hate those fucking 'doorway' pillars that like to go 'NOPE, TIME FOR EMERGENCY CODES' and close on you lol. I still kinda prefer forest. The other day I was going back and forth between two areas of forest 2 on open forest (since the item boxes respawn after you move far enough away, as do the enemy spawns, great way to farm items to sell) and eventually fucking RAGNE appeared in the forest. Shit was terrifying lol. I already knew Vol Dragon could appear in caves outside of just the boss room, but man Ragne took me by surprise.

I had heard he appeared in forest at random in the closet beta but I didnt know they carried that over. (For folks that dont know, Ragne is supposed to be the real forest boss,thats why hes in the forest in the games opening cutscene CG. Dunno why they have a rockbear in the boss room right now. Maybe Ragne is the forest boss in hard mode, which can also be unlocked in this beta by defeating 5 each of Rockbear, Vol Dragon, and the Desert Boss)

Btw what the hell does that 'I'm riding my cannon like a witch' skill do? Does it do damage when you charge into an enemy? I laughed when i first saw it
Guardian Gamer X

year199X

• Meister
  • What kind of man builds a machine to kill a girl?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 06:41:52 am »

Yeah I'd already have Desert Unlocked if it werent for all the derpy as fuck "EMERGENCY CODE: LETS WASTE ALL YOUR TIME" things that pop up. I swear to god, I never got more emergency codes in Cave OR Forest than during the timed 'unlock the next area' quests. The game seems to enjoy trolling in that regard.

I like the look of Caves and the music and enemy variety, but I hate those fucking 'doorway' pillars that like to go 'NOPE, TIME FOR EMERGENCY CODES' and close on you lol. I still kinda prefer forest. The other day I was going back and forth between two areas of forest 2 on open forest (since the item boxes respawn after you move far enough away, as do the enemy spawns, great way to farm items to sell) and eventually fucking RAGNE appeared in the forest. Shit was terrifying lol. I already knew Vol Dragon could appear in caves outside of just the boss room, but man Ragne took me by surprise.

I had heard he appeared in forest at random in the closet beta but I didnt know they carried that over. (For folks that dont know, Ragne is supposed to be the real forest boss,thats why hes in the forest in the games opening cutscene CG. Dunno why they have a rockbear in the boss room right now. Maybe Ragne is the forest boss in hard mode, which can also be unlocked in this beta by defeating 5 each of Rockbear, Vol Dragon, and the Desert Boss)

Btw what the hell does that 'I'm riding my cannon like a witch' skill do? Does it do damage when you charge into an enemy? I laughed when i first saw it

Yeah, it does damage when you hit an enemy. It's hard to position yourself properly for it, because you charge a short distance and spin around in a small circle so it's easy to overshoot the thing you're trying to hit.

G.A.M.E.R-X

• Eat The Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 07:29:33 am »

Btw anyone else think the EXP for bosses is seriously weak as hell? It took me and someone else like 6 or 7 mins to kill Ragne in forest, and I was level 19! Doing those 'Izuna drop' PAs with the wired lance (that whip blade weapon), the best one I had found with max grind too, I was doing like 500-700 per attack with that PA and it still took forever. Then when we killed it.....only 123 EXP?!?

I hope thats only for the beta, boss EXP should really be proportionate to how hard it is and how long it takes to kill. I could of gotten 123 EXP alot faster killing reg enemies. Hell, had I spent that six mins killing enemies I would of racked up way more EXP.
Guardian Gamer X
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21