It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the following rules. If you manage to get yourself banned, you'll probably be sent here when you ask why. Here are some basic rules that we expect you to uphold to the best of your ability:1. Respect
- This is important. Respect the streamers and viewers.
- Treat others as you want to be treated. If you act like an idiot and belittle people, even ironically, you're on the wrong website.
- All of the streamers are moderators and they are not abusive with their power, so if you get banned, you probably deserved it.
- While a streamer is streaming, don't insult them and request another streamer to stream.2. No Inappropriate Material
- We're primarily a video-game website, so please refrain from posting stuff that doesn't belong here. Use your best discretion on what topics you think might be acceptable.
- No Porn. There is no need to post butts, boobs or just about anything else that has no merit outside of showing people what kind of porn you like. We are not an amateur porn site, nor do we want to be. We on Vinesauce, do not want to know what your fetish is.
- No cropped porn. Even if the image doesn't include nudity, it can still be shitposting.
- No abusive, gorey or extreme images.
- If you do decide to post a questionable link, aside from breaking the link up, also include a brief description of what it is. This way viewers can decide if they want to actually check it out.3. Spam
- The chat is fast enough as it is. We have no tolerance for spammers and posting something multiple times in a row can result in a ban.
- Please keep your posts to a minimum. The chat moves very fast and it can be slowed down by keeping all your thoughts in one post. For example, if you want to speak to a streamer, don't post his name separate from the thought you have.
- Avoid posting giant walls of text if you can help it.4. Sexism/Racism
- This goes back to respect. If you're going to be rude to anyone who's the opposite sex or race just for the sake of it, you're in the wrong place. This has been a bit more prevalent lately as we've grown as a stream and won't be accepted. We aren't here to babysit; the mods will
ban you for trying to start a shit storm in our video game chatroom. Be a douchebag at your own risk.5. Attention Whoring
- No, we don't want to see pictures of you in a bikini, nor do we want to see your abs. Just keep it out of chat, there's a thread on the forum to show people what you look like, and anything beyond that should be done in private.
- Be aware that many people will frown upon you if you treat the chat like OKCupid and use it mainly to flirt with members of the opposite sex.
- Also be aware that eye sore text and typing in all caps full under this category. Just use common sense here.
- Overly sexualized or super loud vocaroos and voice messages are also highly discouraged.6. Personal Info
- Don't post anyone's personal information or pictures in the chat; streamers and viewers alike.7. Harassment
- This one is self explanatory. Please understand that streamers and viewers have personal lives outside the stream. Don't use Vinesauce as a medium to stalk or otherwise harass anyone. Streamers in particular can get very busy, so don't get offended or upset if they aren't able to immediately respond to requests and messages regarding the stream or otherwise.8. Mod Abuse
- Our moderators are usually very patient and fair with people. On the very rare and off chance that you feel you were treated unfairly, contact me (Vinny) and tell me what happened. http://www.vinesauce.com/contact/
Complaining to the other chatters about "mod abuse" will not help your cause. 9. Sensitive Topics
- Making rape, racist, sexist jokes; talking about things you know will upset a lot of people. Anyone with even a shred of maturity would know to avoid these topics in an open forum. I'm asking for maturity. Many of the mods have no problem banning someone that contributes nothing and seems to only exist to push buttons. There are plenty of places on the internet where you can say whatever you want. If you want to rustle jimmies on Vinesauce, We'd be happy to direct you to one of those places. We don't want to restrict your freedom, but if you act like a moron enough times, we WILL ask you to leave or leave you with a ban.10. Internet Battleground
- Vinesauce is not the place to fight your internet battles. It is a video game stream and trying to win arguments in our chatroom will ultimately get no one closer to any goal. Please refrain from inciting wars in the chat and report anyone that you feel is trying to do so.
Chatango and Twitch chatters alike, remember to use the Report
function if you feel someone is not following the rules. To sum all this up, I firmly believe that everyone deep down knows when they're being a douche bag. If you are, stop. We do our best to keep this place acceptable for a wide audience. We're not telling you to make it PG by any means, but there are some lines that shouldn't be crossed. On a final note, here's some wisdom I've learned: A community that gets its laughs from pretending to be idiots will eventually be overrun by idiots that feel they're in the right place. If you have any degree of intelligence and restraint, use it here and we'll manage to have a very easy place to hang out at.
Thanks again for being here on Vinesauce, and enjoy your time chatting.