The Vinesauce ROM Corruptor

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: The Vinesauce ROM Corruptor  (Read 125542 times)

Mints

• Butt
    • View Profile
Re: The Vinesauce ROM Corruptor
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2013, 05:53:51 am »

I've got an message in the Nestopica that says CPU Jam, what would this mean?

aperson

• Darkholme
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2013, 09:21:19 pm »

Check the Enable NES CPU Jam protection checkbox.

Aliababwah

• Leatherhead
  • Zeppeli says: HEY BABY
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2013, 09:15:18 am »

Did yall see this? crit1cal aka penguinz0 used this corruptor.

I like his shit bro.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:23:43 am by Aliababwah »

Here is my project, the Vinesauce Desktop Notifier Vinewatch X.

Shikaku

• Sidekick
  • :3c
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2013, 01:17:21 am »

http://pastebin.com/GVp5iQ4K

Apparently there are a lot of corruptions in here that break the corruptor `~`

NTG56

• Butt
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2013, 01:54:40 pm »

Rikerz, thanks for making this open source!  I had some fun adding things:

Pretty self explanatory, you can bind the hotkey to edit many different parameters now. 
Also there's a button that scrambles most of the Byte Corruption settings.  This can be bound to a hotkey, so you can be super lazy and keep pressing the button until you get an interesting corruption.
The new range settings are for corrupting more complex/larger games.  Doom, for instance, will crash if you corrupt the part with the map data, but you can corrupt pretty much everything else.  So you can use the multi-range mode to work around the maps.

The unlabeled buttons in the middle are just used by the hotkey code.

Here is the download with source:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55950000/VinesauseROMCorrupter_NTG56_edit.rar

I made these changes about 3 months ago, so I don't remember if there were any bugs left to fix.  It looked OK when I tested it with SMB just now, but let me know if anything's broken.

Veeshush

• Goomba
  • I don't know dick
    • View Profile
    • utoob
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2013, 01:09:04 am »

First time using it, very satisfying results.

i luv this and u guys keep it up <3
https://prism-break.org cause we all deserve some common decency and privacy in this age.

Minecraft server I run. Status- online but inactive: http://vinesauce.com/vinetalk/index.php?topic=3218

daillest319

• Butt
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2013, 11:56:47 pm »

hi all,
        i have a question does Vinesauce ROM Corruptor fix roms? reason why im asking is because im trying to load Kirby's Avalanche with ZSNES v1.51 the roms give me an error SPC700 STALL DETECTED but when i load the rom from Vinesauce ROM Corruptor using the Run Emulator After Currupting... the game boot up perfectly. i dont even have Byte Curruption Enabled or anything corrupting the rom. Can anyone explain why the game works perfect using the Vinesauce ROM Corruptor lauches the emulator?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:00:50 am by daillest319 »

Spaghetti Sauce

• Butt
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2013, 07:56:38 pm »

Hey can you make the vinesauce corrupter compatible for mac? if you can already use it on mac how?

aperson

• Darkholme
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2013, 08:21:00 pm »

Rikerz, thanks for making this open source!  I had some fun adding things:

Pretty self explanatory, you can bind the hotkey to edit many different parameters now. 
Also there's a button that scrambles most of the Byte Corruption settings.  This can be bound to a hotkey, so you can be super lazy and keep pressing the button until you get an interesting corruption.
The new range settings are for corrupting more complex/larger games.  Doom, for instance, will crash if you corrupt the part with the map data, but you can corrupt pretty much everything else.  So you can use the multi-range mode to work around the maps.

The unlabeled buttons in the middle are just used by the hotkey code.

Here is the download with source:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55950000/VinesauseROMCorrupter_NTG56_edit.rar

I made these changes about 3 months ago, so I don't remember if there were any bugs left to fix.  It looked OK when I tested it with SMB just now, but let me know if anything's broken.

Very nice, better than my mod. I corrupted Facade again, didn't turn out as well as the first time because for whatever reason Grace is a lot harder to corrupt:

Fuzn

• Saucy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2013, 10:11:18 am »

I did some Snake's Revenge sound corruptions.  These are actually two different corruptions.  The first one crashed at Lt. Solid Snake's page, the second thankfully never crashed but half the music was damaged beyond recognition!

lostcountafter50

• Butt
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2013, 05:08:24 pm »

I'm currently using The vinesauce Corrupter to attempt corruption with Snes9x and Zsnes and it always gives me a BAD ROM message and says the checksum error message.
This is for both emulators, with every rom file I have tried, and with every set of corrupt values I have tried.
So far I have not found any settings in the emulators that ignore checksums, and I have no clue how to get the corrupt roms to work.

All i want to do is play corrupted games guys, I've spent all afternoon downloading stuff to make it work, reading all sorts of forums, and generally being pissed off about it.

Any help is appreciated.

Veeshush

• Goomba
  • I don't know dick
    • View Profile
    • utoob
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2013, 01:04:53 pm »

All i want to do is play corrupted games guys, I've spent all afternoon downloading stuff to make it work, reading all sorts of forums, and generally being pissed off about it.

Any help is appreciated.

I use ZNES 1.51. For Jurassic Park when it became an acid trip I had: Start Byte 2F1, Increment 23, Auto End enabled, Corrupt Every 2251 and Add 1 to byte.

I don't really have anything down to a science, but from my experience increasing the "Start Byte" will generally produce a different result each go. "Corrupt Every" I find effects the stability, higher numbers make for less glitchy experiences, too low and the game will be unstable. For "Add", set a value between 1-2 to start out on.

I get a "BAD ROM" message too, that's normal. But if the game isn't loading then it's just not stable enough with whatever you've entered.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:15:19 pm by Veeshush »
https://prism-break.org cause we all deserve some common decency and privacy in this age.

Minecraft server I run. Status- online but inactive: http://vinesauce.com/vinetalk/index.php?topic=3218

ChaosLord121

• Vinebro
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2013, 06:32:57 pm »

Been using the corrupter for a few weeks now, with 80% of my results just being crashes sadly, but I did get some good ones.

Veeshush

• Goomba
  • I don't know dick
    • View Profile
    • utoob
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2013, 07:07:03 pm »

That one took some patience to get. I do want to try for more, but, Super Metroid is pretty crash happy.

Been using the corrupter for a few weeks now, with 80% of my results just being crashes sadly, but I did get some good ones.

Sub'd after seeing the first vid.

ChaosLord121

• Vinebro
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2013, 07:22:54 pm »

Sub'd after seeing the first vid.
Thanks!

Right now I'm trying to see if I can get anything good out of Donkey Kong Country, which sadly is also crash happy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12