This guide is in WIP. The guide will be constantly updated over time.
It's time for a guide for Trouble in Terrorist Town. Here, I'll (and so can you) explain and go through every thing there is to playing TTT.
If you have your own strategies. Feel to post some. I'll add them to list.
DA RULES AND COMMON COURTESYThis applies to the Vinesauce VineserverGame Overview
- No Random Deathmatching (RDM). Meaning as, don't kill anyone for purpose of JUST killing them. If you kill someone over silent suspicion then that's alright.
- If a mic clusterfuck happens, Admins and Streamers get the first say over anyone. If more than one streamer/admin is in the clusterfuck. Vinny ALWAYS gets the first say followed by Rev then Ex and so on. You are excluded from this rule only if you need to call out Traitors.
- If TTT is being streamed, CLOSE any internet browsers if you are going to play. If you are caught or suspected to be stream watching or looking at chat (F4) while alive. You will be BAN(D)NED for the rest of the day.
- Don't kill VINNY or any streamers for the purpose of trolling them. Sure, it's funny at first but they are just trying to enjoy their game. and you ain't letting them.
- Have some courtesy to stop playing to allow streamers to play. If you played too much, it's time for a break. If you are planning to join, Don't.
The game starts off with a bunch of peaceful loving innocent terrorists doing what terrorist do. When the game begins, the game will begin the Preparing
- Preparation Time: When the server begins TTT or after a round is finished. Players will be given time to seek weapons before people haven chosen their roles. Preparations last 60 seconds before the first round and 30 second after that.
- Active Round: The game has begun and everyone is automatically give a role of either Innocent, Traitor or Detective. Innocents are normal players with nothing special concerning them. Detectives help out the Innocents find who's the Traitor while Traitors hunt down Innocents and Detectives. As more players enter the game, more Traitors and Detective will be chosen. A standard 24 player game will hold 4/5 traitors with 2 detectives.
- Haste Mode Overtime:When the round is in Haste Mode, Traitors are given 5 minutes to kill every Innocent. Every innocent killed will add time to the clock. Innocents and Detectives will not see the added time but Traitors can. The time will flash red for the Traitors indicating the real time till the round is over.
- Round Over: When the innocents have killed every traitor and vice verse. The round will end. You can kill anyone freely and people can vote to continue to playing the same map or vote for a new one. The vote will occur when a majority wins, after a certain amount of rounds have been played or after a certain amount of time has been played on the map. (Both of the last ones can be checked by looking on the top of the scoreboard.)
So now, you get idea how the game runs. There is still few things that needs to be explained.
Killing someone won't alert everyone in the game they are dead. All deaths remain silent to everyone until discovered. When players have died and the body hasn't been found in a certain time, they'll be categorized as "Missing in Action". Once the body has been found, they'll be "Confirmed Dead." If you are dead, you will be a Poltergeist. You can control props by using the WASD and Space. You are limited on how many punches you can do at a time so let it recharge.
On to examining the body. When you find a body, press E to examine it. You'll get to learn if they are innocent or a traitor, how long they were dead, how they were killed, how long the DNA will last, and etc. More detail will added if a detective inspects the body like who was last person he saw. Traitors with a C4 will also drop notes on how to disarm the C4. You can call Detectives to the body by clicking the "Call Detective" on the bottom left of the window. You can also secretly examine the body by holding Alt + E while aiming at the body.
The last game mechanic is Karma. Actions you do will affect your Karma. Everyone starts with 1000 Karma. You cannot raise your Karma over 1000. If you kill another Innocent, this will deeply affect your Karma. Now, you ask "How does Karma affect me?". Well, the lower your Karma is, the lower damage you deal against everyone. It doesn't stop there. If you are dead with low karma. You will do fewer amounts of punches at a time. Now, if you happen to be a good player with 1000 karma. You will get increased amount of punches when you are dead. Game rewards you if you are and punishes you if you are doing bad.
Here are the keys you use when playing TTT.InnocentOverview:
The standard class most people will be playing. You are just an normal innocent, living terrorist. Your job is figure out who's the traitor among you. It's not as easy as being a detective but wandering eyes will be your best weapon for finding traitors.Tips:
- Try and stay with a small group of 3 people. They will mostly cover your back if they aren't traitors. If by any chance there is one. He will mostly think twice of killing you off unless both innocents are completely mindless, blind and/or deaf.
- Call out everyone you meet. Let everyone know who you are with and if you are killed off by a traitor, listening innocents will pinpoint the suspect. You can also call out your location on the map but that will also bait traitors to your location as well.
- TTT is also like Poker. People will bluff. Don't take everything as the truth. Just because one person claims to have "killed" the traitor when no one was looking doesn't mean he's innocent. If more than one person can back up on your claim, they are fine.
- Traitors will stick together in chat. Traitors will defend their mates when he's in trouble. If the voice quality is clear, try and catch the bluff by their voice IF possible.
- TTT has this neat tool where pressing TAB and clicking people's names will classify them in a certain group. This can help single out who's really an innocent and who's being suspicious. You can mark people as a "Friend", "Suspect", "Avoid", "Kill", or "Missing". This however will not be shown on other people's screens.
- Keep moving. Deagles and Rifles are 1HKO in the head. If you stop to check a body or heal yourself. You are giving traitors a perfect time to headshot you. Keep people you can trust close while you check bodies or ask people to leave if you are in enclosed area where traitors might take their opportunity to kill you.
- While unnecessary, try bring bodies to a location where people can see them. Try and inform members when you are doing so or you might get called out as a traitor for hiding the bodies.
- Again weary eyes. Check every spot you can get into. Look around corners, ceilings ,small tunnels and press E on spots that might hold a secret area. Bodies can be found here and traitors might use these to get to location to location without getting called out.
- If you can get shot. YOUR FIRST PRIORITY IS TO CALL OUT WHO'S SHOOTING AT YOU WHEN POSSIBLE. Even if you die, anyone who listens will know who it is.
- Call out people when the innocent count is getting low. Know who's dead. Not everyone's scoreboard will display who's missing or who's dead. Another thing to look out for is how many traitors are left. People often get confused and take traitors as innocents. When the count is low. SUSPECT EVERYONE.
- Hear C4? Inform it's possible location and evacuate the area. The beeps you hear will also inform when it is sent to blow. Rapid beeping means less than 10sec are left till it blows up.
- Call the Detective when you search the body. It will help lead to the traitor (or innocent who THOUGHT he was a traitor)
- If you are planning to go search for bodies and someone is volunteering to go with you. Call one more person with you just to be safe. Traitors will try and pick off stray prey.
Add anymore if you like. Just post away and I'll add ...DEMDetectivesOverview:
- HolyHunter:You can stop a jihad by killing them. This is usually safer than running wildly around.
- HolyHunter:Also, LISTEN AND READ CHAT, AND BE AWARE OF WHO HAS STOPPED TALKING
- Calm down and allow each other to talk. If people are saying stuff you already said it's probably because you said it during a MIC CLUSTERFUCK.
- If Detectives are dead, they will drop their DNA Scanner. Pick up and continue the search for the traitor. Remember to tell people are hold the DNA Scanner.
- Curley:Innocents should use the quickchat, even if they have a mic. If they find your body, they can look back in the chat to see the last thing you said. If it was "I'm with ____," or, "____ Acts suspicious," Then they'll have a suspect. Use it pretty much every time you're with someone.
A selected few will be a detective. They will help on the hunt for traitors. You're given some tools to help you out. As a detective, searching bodies will give you more information than what innocents will find. You will get to know who the victim last saw and last words if any.Note: You can choose not to be the detective by looking in the settings tab by pressing F1
- Radar: This will give out static locations of everyone alive at each interval (30 Seconds). This can be very helpful to see if anyone is strayed away from the group. Radars can pick up signals from Decoys
- Binoculars: This functions as a long range body identifier. Just hover your crosshair over the body and left click. This will take some time to work but alway keep the crosshair on the body or you'll interrupt the progress bar. You can also be left open so be careful when using these.
- Visualizers: This item will "Visualize" the crime scene it's nearby to. It will only work if the victim is shot. Just toss these near a body and examine how he was killed. Dem's Opinion: I rarely use these because it doesn't help much with the search
- Health Station: A recharging health station which heals everyone that uses it. It will hold a charge of 200hp but will gradually recharge over time. Anyone who uses these will have their DNA marked on them. This can serve as radar with the DNA Scanner.
- Teleporter: User can mark a location to visit again or to hide out. Left Click teleports and Right Click marks the location. Not very helpful unless you are close to dying and need to seek some space to heal up. On some occasions, you might catch someone in the act. When the teleporter is used, a residue will appear under you where you teleported.
- UMP: The exclusive gun to the detective. On hit, it will mess with the aim of the person you shoot and obviously deal damage to them as well. It uses the same ammo as a MAC10 so no worries about ammo.
- Defuser:As the name (>)implies, defuses bombs. No need to worry about cutting which wires. It will do it for you. It has infinite uses.
- DNA Scanner: This item is given to all detectives when chosen. It will be the most used tool to finding out who's the traitor(s) among you. You can use it on bodies and weapons. When scanning bodies/weapons, a green indicator will appear showing the location where the DNA Scanner picks up. Right click while holding the DNA Scanner will open a window where you can choose which DNA you want to look for or remove from the DNA Scanner. It has infinite amount of uses but uses a charge. The amount of charge is uses up is based on location of where it leads. The farther the location the DNA Scanner picks up, the more charge it uses up meaning less intervals between scans.
- One Shot at Glory: This custom weapon looks like a deagle and holds only ONE bullet. Shooting this weapon will INSTANTLY kill TRAITORS but will do nothing on INNOCENTS.
Add anymore if you like. Just post away and I'll add ...DEM
- You are basically are an innocent. Do what innocents would do (aka. read the innocent tips).
- Scan every body you can find and look out for other weapons nearby as traitors might drop them to avoid be called out. You only got limited time to find them before the DNA decays. Unidentified bodies will often be fresh.
- Remind players to call bodies.
- Be cautious of people's requests, they might lead you to a trap and kill you.
- You start with only 1 credit. Take your pick on items that will serve you the best. Killing Traitors will gain you credits but ONLY if you are the person that kills them. Traitors or Detectives that haven't spend all of their credits can be searched to obtain their credits.
- You are an important person on the team. Stay by people but don't stay near a large group of people and traitors will take that opportunity to Jihad.
- You don't have to fear about C4 if you know where they are and know when they are set to blow as long you hold a defuser kit or know which wire to cut. Killing traitors with the C4 will leave notes to defusing them.
- It's always best to keep yourself and everyone else healthy but question everyone's health.
- Scan any evidence you see that looks abnormal. It could lead to the killer!
- Deaths from explosions or props won't leave any DNA on the body.