Bootstrap Framework 3.3.5

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

Talk about the team or team related things!
By BoxTar
Saucy Saucy
Hello. My name is BoxTar.

Who am I? Just some jabroni who watches Vinesauce, like most, if not all the jabronis on this site.

EDIT: If you have recently been banned, please contact a mod privately about it to get the issue sorted. Posting to this thread won't guarantee any sort of fix.

EDIT 2: Do NOT post private info about the accused hacker in this thread. I thought that went without saying but apparently I should add this so it doesn't happen again.

(I just noticed that Dire said this later on in the post, but I'm keeping it up here as well just in case)

EDIT 3: Vinny's word on the current situation, provided by charizmatic:

charizmatic wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/Vinesauce/comments/3s12qw/why_vinny_wants_us_to_do_nothing_about_joels/

Now, I'm sure many people would rather not see this issue get attention, but this is a big elephant in the room, and if its not actually addressed, well, people will keep asking. If deemed necessary, I will take no offense if this topic is burned and sent to the fiery depths of hell.

But let's get to the point. Recently, many of the streamers (namely KY, Joel, and Vinny) have fell victim to recent hackers/bots/etc or whatever you call them. Who is hacking them? Why? I don't know. And I don't really care. I don't think any of us really know. All we know is that its happening, and that it fucking sucks.

I'm not gonna speculate, bring in gossip or rumors. I wanted to address the issue so that no one felt as if they were in the dark, and so we didn't get 5 billion other threads about it. By the time I finish typing this up, however, I'm sure that probably has already happened. Oh well.

Here are some Dos and Donts during these times, since the vulnerability of other streamers is still up in the air. Crossing my fingers that these things stop here and now, but in case they DON'T, here's some tips.

If a streamer's account is compromised:

DO:

Remain calm. Many of the streamers have been on the internet for a long time, believe it or not, and know how to handle these situations, even if they have never experienced the issue in the past. There's no need to go crazy and start riots in chat (though that is most of the times inevitable to happen, really, but try not to contribute to the madness).

DON'T:

Spam other chats about said vinesaucers having issues. In reality, I can't actually tell anyone here what to and what to not chat about in the chat rooms. But please be civil when discussing these issues and try to keep talk about it to a minimum, so the streamer can, y'know, stream, and communicate with chat members about issues that don't involve other streamers. If the streamer isn't already aware of the issue happening to the other streamers, word will get to them. Fast. So spamming in chat won't necessarily help them.

Also, do NOT bring attention to the hacker by incessantly talking to/about them. That only gives them what they want: undeserved attention.

Now, this is all from a chat member's perspective, of course, but I feel as if many members also feel this way. Again, if other members have something they wish to add, or want to correct me on anything I may have said in this post, I urge you to do so.

I typed this up more as a concern for Vinesauce and the community. Its really unfortunate how the community has suddenly been targeted by some scum on his computer thinking he/she is funny. But just hang in there. It'll blow over soon.

Edit - From DireBoar: PLEASE DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR ANYONE INVOLVED. DOING SO TO HARASS OR THREATEN THE INVOLVED PERSON IS ILLEGAL.
Last edited by BoxTar on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
By angahith
Vinebro Vinebro
We got this, guys. If you got permabanned anywhere, chill for now, then message a mod in the appropriate channel, once this has blown over.
For now:
By Kapikyo
Butt Butt
Yeah, cool that an official rules list was posted /after/ I was banned for talking about it. Who fucking bans someone for talking about a relevant issue?
By angahith
Vinebro Vinebro
Kapikyo wrote:Yeah, cool that an official rules list was posted /after/ I was banned for talking about it. Who fucking bans someone for talking about a relevant issue?

You most likely didn't get banned.
Talking about the situation is currently on auto-purge in Dire's chat, to keep things under control. It was most likely just a 1-second timeout to remove the message.

TIMEOUTS =/= BANS, EVERYONE
By BoxTar
Saucy Saucy
Kapikyo wrote:Yeah, cool that an official rules list was posted /after/ I was banned for talking about it. Who fucking bans someone for talking about a relevant issue?

Kapikyo wrote:an official rules list

u wot
By direboar
<div class='rainbow-highlight'><p>M</p><p>O</p><p>D</p><p> </p><p>O</p><p>F</p><p> </p><p>H</p><p>Y</p><p>P</p><p>E</p><p>R</p><p>D</p><p>E</p><p>A</p><p>T</p><p>H</p></div>

M

O

D

O

F

H

Y

P

E

R

D

E

A

T

H

Yes. I have set up several blacklisted phrases in my chat to purge relevant conversations about the issue. Hacker man doesn't need any more publicity and attention than he is already getting. No one has been banned except people directly making threats. This is for my channel only though, I don't know about anyone else at this point.
By Doormatt232
Butt Butt
As far as I know, everything is being handled by those involved or will be handled in the following hours. I understand a lot of people got upset/worried about this entire thing, but it IS being taken care of. If anyone was wrongfully banned or such, it will most likely be taken care of once everything has begun to calm down.
By Reds(Vidyabum)
Vinebro Vinebro
Everyone who was banned in Vinny's chat should be unbanned now. As for the other issues it's been brought to the attention of the channel owners being affected and will be taken care of asap. Please continue to be patient and try not to spread the panic. Thanks.
By laserman
Leatherhead Leatherhead
I think it's also best to just not chat at all in the affected streams unless you're a mod or you might get perma'd, giving more work to other mods to unban people
By McSpooks
Darkholme Darkholme
Hackers like this are to be expected on the internet. Especially with Vinesauce getting more and more popular each day.
The issue will eventually get sorted out, everything will go back to normal, and before long, we won't even remember the name of that guy.
As annoying as this situation might be, panicking and giving him attention won't do any good, if not the opposite.
Keep living your life as if nothing was happening, and let the people who are able to do something do their things !
By GastonRabbit
Jabroni Jabroni
I didn't notice anything off about Joel's full stream channel. Does someone else manage it, like Vappy manages Vinny's?

Edit: I should probably mention that I didn't know about this until a while ago.
By UndeadNecro
Jabroni Jabroni
Honestly, at this point, I'm really just curious as to whether not the person, who appears to be a pre-teen by the looks of his Twitter account, is getting publicly shamed and pushed into obscurity. You always hear about innocent / good people getting ruined on the internet, never the bad people. Or, at least, not to my knowledge.

I guess I'm sort of lucky because I don't dedicated all of my spare time to the streams.
By Punisher
Saucy Saucy
I've looked around, and already caught a glimpse of his personal info. He got doxxed, and i hope he pays the price. He fucked over vinesauce and markiplier, two people that i have respect for.

I hope these assumed raids literally rip him a new asshole, and leave him in a worse condition than the poor kid that he's hiding behind as a persona.
By Reckless_James
Jabroni Jabroni
Can someone please explain to me why I'm permanently banned from Vinny's stream despite not being on there for almost a week? I wasn't even around during this hacker mess, was a mass ban really necessary for every single person? Or was this a mistake that affected everyone/certain people?
By scrumpleblumpskin
Butt Butt
Punisher wrote:I've looked around, and already caught a glimpse of his personal info. He got doxxed, and i hope he pays the price. He fucked over vinesauce and markiplier, two people that i have respect for.

I hope these assumed raids literally rip him a new asshole, and leave him in a worse condition than the poor kid that he's hiding behind as a persona.

Hes a dumb kid, aside from physical violence, which is a bit much for just hacking someone, ''ripping him a new one'' would just be giving him the attention he wants.
What we can do is wait, patiently, and not wish bodily harm on someone for doing something that really isnt hurting anyone, just causing a migraine. Causing drama and panic only makes the migraine worse for the other streamers and feeds the troll. It won't be long before Joel will get his channel back, and all this will be a joke that the community will look back on and laugh.

Related note, Ive been trying to figure out how to get unbanned, but I really havent found anything, except a (I'm assuming now defunct) email. But if I can't, thats okay, I hardly ever chatted anyways.

Tortuga — Шаблоны WordPress. Скачать бесплатно пре[…]

call tracker download for java mobile

п»ї >>>>>>>>>>>&g[…]

When set to Responsive, the "More" to re[…]

space within a Roman city.

space within a Roman city. Roman Forum, most famou[…]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!